We Student Speak girls enjoy expressing our
opinions at the best of times, but when we are introduced to the newest bits
and bobs around us in modern society, we especially like to get stuck in and
shout about it! This is our weekly instalment of what is lighting up our lives
right now...
Hannah loves:
Evil Dead
“Everyone loves a bit of gore, don’t they? No? Well,
you must enjoy being creeped out by scary films every now and again! If you
want some no-nonsense chills, then you really have to pop into your local
cinema and watch this blood-fest! Sadly, I haven’t seen the original, so I
can’t draw any comparisons between the two, but as far as gory and disgusting
horror films go, this remake is a pretty safe bet! It focuses on a group of
young adults who have retreated to a cabin in the woods and end up awakening a
terrifying demon which hastily begins to terrorise them. The film follows them
as they attempt to survive the night and avoid getting possessed by the creepy
spirit. It’s disturbing, it’s chilling, it’s gruesome...and totally worth a
watch.”

Dayna loves:
Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – I
Need Your Love
“The new song from Calvin Harris featuring Ellie
Goulding is my favourite song of the moment. A big fan of Calvin Harris and
Ellie Goulding’s work separately, when I heard they were joining together for a
new song ‘I Need Your Love’, I was
very excited. With Calvin Harris’ catchy melodies and beats, combined with
Ellie Goulding’s distinct sound, the first time I heard it, I was instantly
hooked. It’s definitely going to be one of those songs you will be dancing to
over the coming months, and blasting it out your car radio.”
Grace loves:
Off their Rockers:
“The adverts for this programme got me enticed when
I first caught sight of them a few weeks ago. The ITV hidden-camera show is all
about the elderly playing pranks on the younger generation, which is actually
genius because of the way it has flipped the switch. You wouldn’t expect sweet
old grannies and humble old men to make youth feel embarrassed, shocked and
awkward with such crazy ideas, odd stunts and wild antics. But this is why it’s
so great – it’s light-hearted fun, it has comedic value and it’s original. I’d
certainly recommend Off their Rockers to anyone who fancies a bit of a giggle
after a mundane day.”

Quaker’s Oats
“When you
wake up in the morning ideally you’d want something quick and easy to make
that’s going to fill you up for as long as possible, gone are the days that we
have time for a full English. Well here at Student Speak we are loving these variety
packs of Quaker’s Oats. Now we know what you’re all thinking, ergh porridge.
However these variety packs contain some great combinations such as; apple and
blueberry and golden syrup. They are really quick and easy to make, you empty
the sachet into a bowl of milk, pop into the microwave for two minutes and
you’re good to go. Not only do they taste great but they’re really good for
you. These oats help to lower cholesterol and fight heart disease, containing
lots of vital vitamins, calcium and iron. Quaker’s do a really decent range of
different flavours and combinations and they are only around £2 a pack as well.
Student Speak agree that these tasty little packets are a great start to your
day and fill you up nicely ready for a long day at the library.”






No comments:
Post a Comment