Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Holiday Souvenirs


As students, you may not feel particularly cultured or have much care for art and such, but you should really consider the beauty and delight of holiday souvenirs.

Think about it: when you go on holiday, you always have a good time – so why not buy a keepsake to forever remind you of those positive memories?

Whether it is a delicate trinket, a beautiful piece of jewellery or a funky artistic canvas, it’s nice to have that little something from another country there for you to keep.

For example, when I went to the Dominican Republic a couple of years back, I was enticed into buying a gorgeous painting, as I loved the stunning simplicity and vibrancy of the Caribbean design.

And the year after, on my travels in Ibiza, I came across a colourful hanging wind chime which is made of pink, blue and silver discs and dangles beautifully on a hook in my bedroom.

They may be fairly simple items, but they remind me of those places and fill me with a warm and fuzzy sense of nostalgia just when casting a glance in their direction.

So, next time you are holidaying in some distant location, have a cheeky peek at the stalls and see what they have to offer. I’m sure something will take your fancy – why not treat yourself to something special? There will always be something worthwhile, and at a decent price, too.

You can’t be on holiday forever, but you can take a little piece of it back home with you.

By Hannah Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment