The Digbeth Dining Club is a new street food event/rave,
with plenty of tasty grub and a well-stocked bar with a range of refreshments
to wash it all down.
This foodie event was put together by local boy Jack
Brabant and has been running since August bank holiday 2012. Due to its success
and popular demand, the event has carried on and takes place around 3-4 times a
month. So I thought I’d pop along to see what all the fuss is about and try out
some tasty food!
Friday was a bit of a miserable day but this didn’t
stop the food lovers of Birmingham from attending the event. Spotlight, which
is where the event takes place, is a new and quirky addition to Digbeth’s
colourful nightlife. I arrived at around 6 o’clock, the event itself began at
half 5 and already there were around 20 people there.
I walked through a really nice bar area which had
loads of seats and sofas full of people drinking and eating, the mood was warm
and fun. As I walked past the DJ booth I saw the doors leading outside and what
appeared to be a burger van caught my eye. But this was no ordinary van; it
belonged to Diamond Dogs, a company who specialise in different types of yummy
hot dogs.

I then saw two more stalls with crowds of people
around them; one of the stalls was home to The Meat Shack who produced four
variations of succulent beef burgers. The second stall was El Kantina, Mexican
and Southern street food specialists. I managed to get a glimpse of some
mouth-watering nachos that looked so tasty and colourful.
The tunes were blaring from inside the bar and once
people had been fed they gathered inside for a bit of warmth and alcohol. Music ranged from Indie, Jazz, Hip Hop and
house and the setting was made up of mood lighting, industrial features and
vintage furniture which created a really chilled out atmosphere, ideal for
Friday night hang out.
The Digbeth Dining event is free to attend and open
to anyone. They can be found at Spotlight, Lower trinity Street in Digbeth and
are there most Fridays 5.30pm till late, although food is only served till
around half 10 so get there a bit early and then enjoy the music and atmosphere
till the early hours.
I would definitely recommend checking the dining
club out, it’s a great opportunity to experience different foods and make new
friends. Overall the event was really fun and the set up for next week looks
just as amazing! The line-up includes: Hungry Toad, Original Patty Me, Bushmans
Pizza, Baking Matilda and Waffle Speak. For more information, check out the
Digbeth Dining Club page on Facebook.
By
Amrit Pnaiser


No comments:
Post a Comment