Sunday, 3 March 2013

Meet The Team (Part 2)


So, you are probably wondering who the other two aspiring journalists are behind the up-and-coming magazine, Student Speak.

Well, ponder no more – as here is where you can meet the other half of our conscientious team dedicated to making a snazzy new publication just for YOU...

Copywriter: Amrit Pnaiser

Interests: “My name is Amrit and my passion is writing! I love writing features about issues and topics that are relevant to my age group, my community, my interests and the list goes on! I love to have fun and make people laugh and I try and express this through my journalism. I’m always looking for ways to be creative and challenge myself, being a journalist there are endless opportunities to do so.”

Aspirations: “In 5 years I see myself in a glamorous office in London or New York working for a top magazine or radio company. I hope to travel and spread my words of wisdom across the globe. I feel as though I have a lot to say and I would love to change people’s lives or help them using journalism.”

Aims for Student Speak: “I love my home city Birmingham and I love being a student. Currently there doesn’t seem to be a publication for the students of Birmingham and I think we are in need of one! I want to make our magazine fun, quirky and a must have. There are loads of amazing hidden beauties in Birmingham, from clubs and music to food and art, and our magazine will let the students of Birmingham know about all these cool places. My aim is to make it different, eye catching and exciting, and a magazine that you just won’t want to put down!”

Copywriter and Social Media Supervisor: Dayna Farrington

Interests: “I’m Dayna, and my interests are writing, fashion, music, television and film and networking. I have always had a passion for writing from a young age, and this has continued to grow over the years, especially through my studies. I enjoy attending events and networking with other media professionals to interact with the rest of the media industry. Throughout my studies and work experience in the field, where I have opportunities to interact with other journalists, have my writing published and conduct interviews with newsworthy people, one which included an actor from Emmerdale!”

Aspirations: “My main aspiration currently is to get as much work published as I possibly can to boost my portfolio, and create contacts within publications throughout the West Midlands. In the future I hope to become a respected journalist within the industry, working for a respected and widely-read publication, whether it be a newspaper or a magazine. If I could combine my writing with my passions and interests that would be a dream come true.”


Aims for Student Speak: “In my opinion, there are not enough magazines dedicated to JUST students around much now days, especially not in Birmingham. There’s the odd few, and some created by the main Universities themselves, but they aren’t promoted enough, and the readership lags. For me, creating a publication that can bring the four main universities of Birmingham together as a whole, which provides the students with interesting and original content dedicated just to them, with the students themselves being able to interact with us, and give opinions and ideas towards the magazine would be fantastic.”

No comments:

Post a Comment