Saturday, 30 March 2013

Drunken Disasters

During our time at university it is almost inevitable that there will be a few drunken disasters that we never forget or simply can’t remember. From sleeping in a club to slapping your best mate, the students in Brum have done it all. So I caught up with a few of these not so proud students to hear more about their messy nights.

Mala Rose, Birmingham University:

I was out with friends in Arcadian on a Saturday night, it was so cold and we were only meant to be out for a couple of drinks. Although it was cold I still chose to wear a short dress like an idiot. After a few drinks I was on top of the world, having a right old laugh. But then my friends wanted to leave, so as we walked to our car I fell over in the middle of the road. I was on my knees and they were bleeding but all I could do is laugh! I remember being in stiches from laughing so hard that I couldn’t get up. The cars were queuing up as my friends tried to drag me to the curb; my knees were horrific in the morning as well as my head!

Saf Balih, Aston University:

My fresher’s year at Aston University was a blurry one. Pretty much every night I ended up drunk and every morning very hung over. It was one night in particular that was the most embarrassing. It was my best mates 21st birthday so we all went on a crazy bar crawl. The whole night consisted of shot after shot and downing pints like they were water. It was safe to say we were all pretty much gone at this point. The next thing I know I’m being pinned up against the wall by the birthday boy, my best mate. Turns out Id slapped for no apparent reason and tried to run away, none of which I recall. I was filled in the next day by my friends; luckily my best mate also had little recollection of the night’s events. Till this day my mates tease me about that night and gave me a new nickname, slapper Saf.

Pamala Scott, Birmingham City University:

I was on a night out with my girls and cut a long story short, an hour into the night and I was smashed! I don’t normally drink so the few drinks I did have, got to me rather quickly. For some reason I had a tantrum and decided I wanted to sleep in the club for the night. My friends and even random people in the club tried to get me out but apparently I just wasn’t having it. Eventually I had to be carried out by a bouncer and put into a taxi home. Obviously I had to be told all of this the next day; I haven’t touched a drink since!

We all love a good drink while we’re out and with endless promotions and drink offers we’re bound to have a few messy nights. Our only advice here at Student Speak, is keep safe and drink with people you trust...oh and party hard!

By Amrit Pnaiser

No comments:

Post a Comment