Before you get your claws into our exciting
new magazine, you will probably want to meet the brains behind the business: the
hard-working quartet of girls responsible for Student Speak!
Below are short bios of two members of our
publication (part two is yet to come). In the mean time, get reading and get to
know us a little bit more...
Interests: “I’m Hannah, and my passions are reading and writing –
bit of a literary geek, you could say! I enjoy crime novels, particularly those
by Karen Rose, my favourite novelist of that genre. My collection is constantly
growing because being a bookworm means you can’t help but visit a bookstore
every once in a while!”
Aspirations: “My main priority is to get lots of
journalistic work experience under my belt and learn from some respected media professionals.
The central aim is to become an established journalist for a woman's magazine,
interviewing people and writing up features which will be read by a wide
audience.”
Aims for Student Speak: “I want to bring some vibrancy to student
magazines and make them cool, because at the moment there aren’t very many
about, and I think that’s a shame! Bringing some excitement and entertainment
to the students of Birmingham is what I want to do, by providing them with a
funky and modern magazine just for them.”
Interests: “I’m Grace. I have always been fond of writing and being
creative, so naturally I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of journalism, from
interviewing interesting people to researching and attending events.”
Aspirations: “My dream job would be as a magazine
journalist. Possibly like the ones that you see on all the girly films, rushing
around like a headless chicken, juggling a cup of coffee and a hundred tasks
lined up to do! But it wouldn’t even need to be a particularly massive
magazine- just a really great publication with fab content and a good
readership. I would adore for my work to be published and read, enjoyed and
appreciated by a large number of people. That is the dream.”
Aims for Student Speak: “For me, Student Speak should stand out from
all other existing student publications; I want original articles and
interesting stories, not the boring, conventional content you get in all the
others. I want it to be youthful, colourful, vibrant, funky, a must-read for
all university students! If it turned out to be a publication you actually want
to read, one where you actually actively seek to get your mitts on the next
issue, I would be extremely satisfied.”


Guys have you got an email to send some music news too?
ReplyDelete