Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Embarrassing Celebrity Moments


Is it possible to act normal in front of celebrities? Could someone actually talk to them as usual without making a fool of themselves? Apparently not! The stars in our eyes clearly mush up our brains when in the presence of a famous person, which can only result in one thing: utter embarrassment. Read all about our shameful celebrity interactions right here...

“I was on a show was called Genius, which is where you had to send in your own genius ideas. They chose me to be on the show because they liked my idea; which was to have Paul McKenna as a bonus feature on DVD. The point was for you to watch a film, and then watch the feature, where Paul hypnotises so you forget what happened, so the next time you watch that film it’s like you’re seeing it for the first time. I met Dave Gorman - the presenter of the show - whilst talking about our ideas when being filmed for the programme. I had a card with a succinct description of my idea on, but I got quite nervous and forgot about the card, so I ended up rambling on for too long. They cut me out of the final show, which is pretty embarrassing when you are sat there on the sofa watching the show with your family and friends and expect to appear on TV but everyone else is shown and not you...”

Ben, 23, Knowle

“I was at ultrasound music festival with my friends and while we were there we met Gaz, James and Gregg from Geordie Shore. Because I love Geordie Shore so much I had James' bare bum as the background of my phone. When I hugged him he saw it and he asked whether it was his bum as my wallpaper. I obviously had to say yes, but it was the most embarrassing and awkward moment of my life!”

Beth, 15, Knowle

It isn’t just you guys though – we girls at Student Speak have had our fair share of awkward A-list encounters too...

“I used to work for a hospitality agency and they asked me to help cater for an exclusive fashion event. We had to serve champagne and fruit juice in the VIP room and during my shift George Lamb - who was presenting the show – came in for a drink. Myself and the three other workers excitably huddled together as he sauntered over to us looking all dapper in his smart suit. He shook our hands and then said “So, how has your weekend been?” whilst stopping and looking directly at me. I couldn’t seem to formulate an answer; I just stood there staring right at him smiling like an absolute idiot. Time stretched on and he gave me at least ten seconds to answer but I couldn’t seem to respond, so he just walked off. I spent the rest of the day replaying it in my mind and wondering why the hell I didn’t say anything!”

Hannah, Editor

“Mark Wright made an appearance at a club that we went to every week, and when I went over to him during the meet and greet, he was a lot shorter than I expected! Whilst taking a photo with him I had to bend my leg significantly to reach his height. I’m already quite tall, but I had big heels on which didn’t help! I also looked really pale next to him, because of his glowing Essex tan next to my English rose (super pasty) complexion!”

Grace, Copywriter

By Hannah Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment